pumpkin pancakes with vanilla bean coconut butter
There are no sweeteners added to this recipe!
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOKING TIME: 30 minutes
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- 3 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil
for the vanilla bean coconut butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut butter
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- seeds from 1/2 of a vanilla bean pod
In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, and vanilla. Sift the pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, coconut flour, and baking soda, and salt into the wet ingredients. Alternative option: combine all ingredients in a food processor until well mixed.
Grease the skillet with 1 teaspoon of ghee and spoon the batter into the skillet to make pancakes of your desired size. Allow the pancakes to cook for about three minutes, and when a few bubbles appear, flip the pancakes once to finish cooking for another three minutes.
Serve with bacon or sausage.
make the vanilla bean coconut butter:
- Combine the coconut butter, vanilla, and vanilla bean seeds in a small mixing bowl.
- Mix well to combine, then use to top pancakes.
- Vanilla bean coconut butter
- Almond butter
- Sliced green bananas
- Chopped walnuts or pecans