pumpkin pancakes with vanilla bean coconut butter
There are no sweeteners added to this recipe!
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOKING TIME: 30 minutes
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- 3 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil
for the vanilla bean coconut butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut butter
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- seeds from 1/2 of a vanilla bean pod
In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, and vanilla. Sift the pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, coconut flour, and baking soda, and salt into the wet ingredients. Alternative option: combine all ingredients in a food processor until well mixed.
Grease the skillet with 1 teaspoon of ghee and spoon the batter into the skillet to make pancakes of your desired size. Allow the pancakes to cook for about three minutes, and when a few bubbles appear, flip the pancakes once to finish cooking for another three minutes.
Serve with bacon or sausage.
make the vanilla bean coconut butter:
- Combine the coconut butter, vanilla, and vanilla bean seeds in a small mixing bowl.
- Mix well to combine, then use to top pancakes.
- Vanilla bean coconut butter
- Almond butter
- Sliced green bananas
- Chopped walnuts or pecans
Do the other 2 TB of coconut oil or butter go into the batter? The recipe calls for 3 TB of coconut oil or butter but the instructions just specify to use 1 TB for greasing the pan. Thanks!
All of the coconut oil or butter is used to grease the pan–you will need to add another tablespoon to the pan after cooking each batch of pancakes.
I was disappointed in these pancakes… I highly recommend making the carrot pumpkin spice muffins instead.
Sorry to hear you were disappointed with the pancakes, but glad you liked the carrot muffins!
I love pancake, it is so tasty, thanks
What is the container count? How many cakes per serving?
That all depends on how big you make them!!
These were not very good at all