21DSD Recipe: Buffalo Shrimp Lettuce Cups
Liven up your lettuce cups with spicy shrimp!
Buffalo Shrimp Lettuce Cups
grain-free • gluten-free • dairy-free • sugar-free
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- 4 dozen medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (such as this one)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1-2 heads lettuce of your choice, separated into leaves
- 1-2 avocados, sliced
Set up a pot with 1 inch of water and a steamer basked. Bring to a boil, covered, over high heat. Steam the shrimp for approximately 5 minutes until pink and white all the way through. You may need to cook it in 2 batches to avoid crowding your steamer basket.
While they're warm, chop the shrimp into bite-sized pieces.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the hot sauce, coconut oil or butter, and lemon juice.
Toss the shrimp in the hot sauce mixture, season with salt and pepper, and serve in lettuce wraps topped with avocado slices.
You can leave a response