Bright, colorful, and crunchy, this salad is a great way to clean and heal your gut. Plus, it is delicious and comes together in just a few minutes!
LEVEL all PREPTIME 10 minutes YIELD 6 servings
detox salad ingredients:
- 1⁄2 head purple cabbage, finely chopped (makes about 2 cups)
- 1⁄2 head green cabbage, finely chopped (makes about 2 cups)
- 1 bunch dinosaur kale, de-stemmed and shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- zest of 1 lemon (about 1 Tbsp)
detox salad dressing ingredients: (double recipe for heavier dressing)
- 2 lemons, juiced (about 4 Tbsp)
- 1/3 cup sunbutter (store-bought or homemade–directions to follow)
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 4 Tbsp raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar
Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend for 1-2 minutes, or until smooth and creamy.
Note: to make sunbutter, place 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds in a food processor for about 5 minutes, or until “buttered.”
Toss the salad ingredients with the dressing. Plate and top off with a generous sprinkling of the fresh lemon zest.
Cassy Joy founded Fed+Fit in early 2011. Since then, she has chronicled over 200 Paleo-friendly recipes on her blog, conducts regular televised cooking demonstrations, builds customized corporate wellness programs, and works as a one-on-one Nutrition Consultant for individual clients. She has authored two recipe eBooks, Cassy Joy’s Fed+Fit Gameday Feast and Cassy Joy’s Fed+Fit Holiday Feast, and designed the Fed+Fit Challenge, a customizable holistic food and fitness lifestyle self study. She writes regular columns for Breaking Muscle.com and was recently chosen as one of the top healthy food blogs by Self Magazine. She also recently launched the Fed + Fit podcast. Cassy lives in San Antonio, TX with her loving, patient boyfriend and their fur-child, the big white Great Pyrenees, Gus. She loves college football, historical fiction, oversized costume jewelry, green tea, and her Fightin' Texas Aggies.