Last Updated: August 21, 2019
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children. For more on who may use this website please review our Terms & Conditions.
What information do we collect about you and how do we collect it?
We collect several types of information from and about users of our website, including but not necessarily limited to the following information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, username and password, IP addresses, or other personal information by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personal Data”).
- All communications with other users and with Balanced Bites, LLC.
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third-parties, for example, our affiliates, and subsidiaries.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed on public areas of the website, or transmitted to other users of the website or third-parties. Posting on our public forums or transmitting information to others is done at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the website with whom you may choose to share your information with. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that the information you choose to share will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience: your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website: we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service: your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions: Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails: The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information, except with necessary to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, or if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Balanced Bites, LLC, our customers, or others.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
How do we protect and store your information?
We have implemented a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
Your information is stored at the list server that delivers Balanced Bites, LLC’s emails, content, and program purchases. Your information can only be accessed by the necessary Balanced Bites, LLC employees, who help manage and send content to you.
All of the emails that are sent to you include an unsubscribe link in them. You can remove yourself at any time from our newsletters or mailing list by clicking on the unsubscribe link that can be found in every communication that we send you.
How long do we retain your information for?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal information for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Third-party links or affiliate links
Occasionally, at our discretion and solely for your convenience, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
When an affiliate link is present on a web page or a blog post, that affiliate link will be denoted at the bottom of the page whenever possible. If you are unsure of whether or not a link is associated with an affiliate, please contact us at any time and we will not only update the page (in the event that we did not add the note), or provide you with the details you would like to know.
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal Information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.