Serve this delicious dairy-free spread with sliced vegetables during a holiday gathering or game day! It's also wonderful as a lettuce or collard wrap filling.
Herbed Almond “Cheese” Spread
grain-free • gluten-free • dairy-free • sugar-free
PREP TIME: 8 hours + 10 minutes
YIELD: 2 cups
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 2 1/4 cups water, divided
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 1 clove garlic, minced or grated
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
Place the almonds and 2 cups of water in a glass or other nonporous container and let them soak, covered, in a dark place, overnight or for 8 hours.
Drain and rinse the almonds, then place them in a food processor along with the remaining 1/4 cup water and the rest of the ingredients. Process until smooth and creamy, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides, about 5 minutes total.
If you'd like a lighter texture, add warm water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until you achieve the desired consistency.