Spice up your dinner with some Pollo Asado! This easy chicken dish takes only 10 minutes to prep and the rest of the cook time is in the oven–perfect for busy weeknights.
grain-free • gluten-free • dairy-free • refined sugar-free
PREP TIME: 10 mins (+ 1 or more hrs to marinate)
COOKTIME: 30-35 mins
SERVINGS: 4 to 6
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- juice of 4 limes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Basic Cilantro Cauli Rice for serving
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, for garnish
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, for garnish
Combine all the ingredients except the chicken, Cauli Rice, and garnishes in a large mixing bowl and toss to combine. Marinate the chicken in a shallow, nonreactive container for at least an hour.
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Place the chicken in an oven-safe baking dish and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until it's white all the way through and reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
Use two forks to shred the chicken. Serve over Basic Cilantro Cauli Rice. Garnish with lime wedges and fresh cilantro.
Omit the chili powder to make it nightshade-free and AIP-friendly.