Make a not-sweet treat for your sweetie (or yourself!) on Valentine's Day or any time of year!
Sunbutter Truffles (Cocoa-Espresso & Almond-Cocoa Nib)
grain-free • gluten-free • dairy-free • sugar-free
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
YIELD: 12 truffles
for the truffle base
- 1/3 cup Sunbutter (sunflower seed butter) or other nut butter, softened
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, softened
for cocoa-espresso truffles
- 1 tablespoon finely ground coffee beans
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
for almond-cocoa nib truffles
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon cocoa nibs
- 1/3 cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut
Make the truffle base: Combine the Sunbutter and coconut butter in a small bowl.
Flavor the base: To the base, add the rest of the ingredients for the desired flavor except for the pecans (for the Cocoa-Espresso truffles) or coconut (for the Almond-Cocoa Nib truffles).
Place the bowl in the freezer for 2 to 3 minutes until the mixture is slightly hardened. Scrape out about 2 teaspoons of truffle mixture and roll between your hands into a ball. Roll and press into either the coconut or pecans. Refrigerate to harden before serving, and store any uneaten truffles in the refrigerator for up to a week.