prep time: 5 minutes | cook time: 5 minutes | servings: 1 serving
gluten-free • dairy-free • nightshade-free • sugar-free
- 2 to 3 teaspoons cooking fat, plus more for the egg
- 2 or 3 eggs
- 1 or 2 precooked 21DSD-friendly sausages, chopped
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 or 3 pinches Bagel Spice Blend
- 2 tablespoons Peanut Sauce (recipe below)
- Heat the cooking fat in a small skillet over medium heat. Crack the eggs into the skillet and fry until the white is cooked but the yolk remains runny (or to your preferred level of doneness).
- While the eggs are cooking, warm the sausage. You can do this in the same pan alongside the eggs, if desired, or in a separate skillet over medium heat.
- Assemble the salad: Place the chopped lettuce on a plate and top with the egg, then garnish with the spice blend and add the sausage. Drizzle with peanut sauce to taste.
change it up:
This recipe is almost infinitely flexible in the possible combinations of vegetable, meat, egg, and sauce. Below are some suggested swaps and additions.
- Sautéed kale
- Crispy Brussels Sprouts (recipe in Daily Guide)
- Crispy Broccoli (recipe in Daily Guide)
- Steamed green beans
- Roasted asparagus
- Zucchini noodies
- Ranch Roasted Potatoes (recipe in Daily Guide)
- Sautéed shredded sweet potato
- Simple Fried Rice (recipe in Daily Guide)
- Poached eggs
- Scrambled eggs
- Crispy bacon
- Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork (recipe in Daily Guide)
- Green apple
- Pico de gallo
- Tahini sauce
prep time: 5 minutes | cook time: — | makes: 1 1/4 cups
gluten-free • dairy-free • egg-free • nightshade-free • sugar-free
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or other nut or seed butter
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 to 3 dashes of fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients in a small mixing bowl and whisk together vigorously.
- Store in an airtight jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Add the juice of 1 to 2 limes or some water to thin the sauce further to make it into a salad dressing.
Use tahini (ground sesame seeds) instead of peanut butter.
Omit the red pepper flakes
change it up
If you are allergic to seafood, omit the fish sauce.