This is Diane's favorite basic recipe that'll keep you from feeling overwhelmed when buying ingredients. Once you buy the avocados, most of these ingredients are those you may already have on-hand (she's always got limes, cilantro, and shallots around in her kitchen!).
This recipe is from The 21-Day Sugar Detox Guidebook
Basic 4 Guacamole
grain-free • gluten-free • egg-free • nut-free • seed-free • dairy-free • nightshade-free • BBSpices • 21DSD-friendly
YIELD: 8 servings
- 4 ripe avocados
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 small jalapeño, minced (omit for nightshade-free)
- Slice each avocado in half lengthwise around the pit, remove the pit, then scoop the flesh into a mixing bowl. Mash the avocado with a fork.
- Stir in the lime juice. Add shallot, cilantro, salt, and pepper and stir until well combined. If you like spicy guacamole, add the jalapeño and stir to combine.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Yes, you can enjoy this recipe while on The 21-Day Sugar Detox.
- Use sliced veggies of any kind to dip into this delicious guacamole.
- Check out your local organic grocer or Whole Foods for plantain chips cooked in either coconut or palm oil
- Top a burger or dip wings in it!
Check out this video of Diane making her Basic 4 Guacamole!
View this post on Instagram
This is my favorite basic guacamole recipe that'll keep you from feeling overwhelmed when buying ingredients. 🥑🤗 Once you buy the avocados, most of these ingredients are those you may already have on-hand (I always have limes, cilantro, and shallots around in my kitchen!). Follow along with me in this video… printable recipe available on balancedbites.com.