Pumpkin Spice Donuts
prep time: 10 minutes | cook time: 15 to 30 minutes | servings: 6 (1 regular or 3 mini donuts) | yield: 6 regular or 18 mini donuts
gluten-free • dairy-free • nightshade-free • sugar-free
- 1 green-tipped banana, mashed (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons full-fat coconut milk, canned or homemade
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ghee or enough to grease the pan
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons almond meal or other crushed nuts
- If you're using a donut pan, preheat the oven to 350ºF; if you're using an electric mini-donut maker, plug it in to preheat.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the banana, pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, coconut milk, and vinegar together. Sift in the dry ingredients and continue to whisk to combine. Alternatively, for a smoother consistency than whisking by hand allows, you can combine all ingredients in a food processor or high-speed blender.
- Put the batter in a plastic zip-top bag and snip off a small corner (or use a pastry bag). Grease the pan right before filling each slot. Pipe the batter to fill the donut pans approximately half full, as the donuts will rise when baking. Add toppings to the donuts before baking.
- If using a donut pan (as pictured): Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- If using a mini-donut maker: Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, then repeat until all of the batter is used up (about 3 batches). Re-grease the donut maker before each round.
This recipe requires a 6-slot standard donut pan or an electric mini-donut maker (with slots for 7 mini donuts).