Basic ground meat takes on a new life in this bold meatball recipe. Enjoy these with any simple vegetable side, or enjoy them as a quick protein-and-fat snack anytime. I think they're especially delicious when made with all pork, but use any protein combination you like! —Team 21DSD
prep time: 15 minutes | cook time: 20 minutes | servings: 2 dozen meatballs (2 per serving)
gluten-free • dairy-free • nut-free • egg-free • dairy-free • sugar-free
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos (see Tips)
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 2 to 3 dashes of fish sauce
- Grated zest of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup minced green onions (about 1 green onion)
- 1 teaspoon grated or minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 pound ground pork (see Tips)
- 1 pound ground chicken or turkey, preferably dark meat for the best flavor (see Tips)
for garnish (optional)
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Sesame seeds
- Sliced green onions
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the coconut aminos, red curry paste, fish sauce, lime zest, cilantro, green onions, garlic, salt, and ginger powder. Stir to mix well.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken and pork and mix well with your hands. Add the marinade and use your hands to mix it with the meat until well combined. Form the meat mixture into twenty-four meatballs (about 1 1/3 ounces each) and place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Remove the meatballs from the oven and garnish with cilantro, sesame seeds, and green onions, if desired. Serve with cauliflower life.