Want something quick and easy for breakfast or a post-workout snack? This creamy, cinnamon-spiced smoothie is perfect! Use coconut butter instead of almond butter to make this smoothie AIP-friendly.
Apple Pie Smoothie from The 21-Day Sugar Detox Cookbook
grain-free • gluten-free • dairy-free • refined sugar-free
PREP TIME: 5 min
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk, canned or homemade
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 green apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 dashes nutmeg, for garnish
- small handful of ice (optional)
- 1 to 2 scoops Collagen Peptides or 100% grass-fed whey protein powder (or other 100% single-ingredient protein powder) – optional
Puree all the ingredients in a blender until smooth.
I think it is good for me, I have try it out
Where do you get 100 % grass fed whey protein powder?
You can Google it! You can also use grass-fed collagen (we recommend the Vital Proteins brand). Here is one of Diane’s posts on protein powders which has some recommendations: http://balancedbites.com/faqs-is-protein-powder-okay-on-a-paleo-diet/.
I can’t use whey protein. What can I substitute? Maybe Greek yoghurt or cottage cheese? If so how much?
Approved protein powders are covered in the books! Also, refer to 21dsd.com/canihave – there are options for you aside from whey.