These luscious, chocolaty fudgesicles are the perfect 21DSD not-sweet treat! Cold, creamy, and full of healthy, satiating fats plus a bit of protein from grass-fed gelatin, Fed & Fit’s fudgesicles are easy to make and sure to satisfy your desire for rich, chocolate goodness any time of year.
LEVEL all COOKTIME 10 minutes (prep overnight to set) YIELD 7-8 popsicles
- 1 ½ cans full-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup water, boiling
- 3 Tbs grass-fed gelatin
- ¼ cup 100% unsweet cocoa powder
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk the coconut milk and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- Whisk the grass-fed gelatin into the boiling water. Continue to stir until it is completely dissolved. Pour into the coconut milk and whisk to combine.
- Pour the mixture evenly into 7-8 popsicle molds. Place in the freezer for one hour to firm slightly.
- After one hour, push the popsicle stick into the molds and place back in the freezer to set overnight.
- Place bottom of molds in warm water to loosen, and pull fudgesicles from mold!
- Either enjoy right away or store in a large plastic bag. Let fudgesicles set in room temperature for 3-5 minutes so that they soften before enjoying.
Cassy Joy founded Fed+Fit in early 2011. Since then, she has chronicled over 200 Paleo-friendly recipes on her blog, conducts regular televised cooking demonstrations, builds customized corporate wellness programs, and works as a one-on-one Nutrition Consultant for individual clients. She has authored two recipe eBooks, Cassy Joy’s Fed+Fit Gameday Feast and Cassy Joy’s Fed+Fit Holiday Feast, and designed the Fed+Fit Challenge, a customizable holistic food and fitness lifestyle self study. She writes regular columns for Breaking Muscle.com and was recently chosen as one of the top healthy food blogs by Self Magazine. She also recently launched the Fed + Fit podcast. Cassy lives in San Antonio, TX with her loving, patient boyfriend and their fur-child, the big white Great Pyrenees, Gus. She loves college football, historical fiction, oversized costume jewelry, green tea, and her Fightin' Texas Aggies.