Turn your ordinary Paleo pancakes into something special with these lovely red velvet pancakes! Sweetened with a green-tipped banana and colored with a baby beet, your eyes and your taste buds will thank you for this beautiful and nourishing breakfast.
LEVEL all YIELD 15 pancakes
- 6 eggs
- 1 green tipped banana
- 1 baby beet, trimmed & peeled (should be a bit smaller than a golf ball)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp raw cocoa powder
- cooking fat for frying pancakes (butter or coconut oil, etc.)
- In a blender, combine all ingredients & blend until well combined. You may have to stop occasionally to scrape the sides down.
- On a hot griddle or skillet, melt cooking fat. Using a spoon, ladle small circles of batter & spread them out with the spoon. Pancakes should be approx. 2-3 inches in diameter for easiest flipping. After a few minutes, quickly flip pancakes to the other side & use spatula to flatten them out.
- Once pancakes are all cooked, enjoy!
- Should make approx. 15 pancakes!
Trisha Hughes is the founder & author of Eat Your Beets, a wife, & mom to 4 kiddos. She has a passion for health, specifically using food for healing her son’s auto-immune issues, while keeping a sensible outlook on balancing everything on her plate. She empathizes with the challenges of busy moms & works passionately to empower them to learn their way around a kitchen, feed their family real food, & keep a sense of humor when it all goes south. She continues to build on her community while providing daily, real food inspiration via Instagram. She’s also a contributor to the photography website Click It Up A Notch, where she gets to share her love of food photography & styling. She’s never said no to a fabulous pair of shoes.