Whether you're hosting a holiday gathering or attending a potluck, these stuffed mushrooms are sure to please. A simple preparation + delicious, flavorful ingredients = a winning appetizer!
LEVEL all COOKTIME 25 minutes YIELD 24 mushrooms
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 24 small/medium crimini or white button mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup carrots, finely chopped (about 2 carrots)
- 1⁄4 cup celery, finely chopped (about 1 stalk)
- 1⁄4 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Lightly cook the onions in a pan then add the meat.
- When it is starting to turn brown, add the garlic.
- Once the meat looks evenly light brown, add the carrots, celery, and salt and pepper.
- Cook on medium/high until the meat has a nice dark brown color.
- Add the rosemary and stir thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, using a damp cloth, wipe each mushroom down.
- Using a serrated grapefruit spoon if you have one (or a regular soup spoon if you don’t), hollow out the mushrooms.
- Fill mushrooms with the ground beef, place on the baking sheet, and bake at 375 ̊F for about 10 minutes.
- Let cool slightly then enjoy!
Cassy Joy founded Fed+Fit in early 2011. Since then, she has chronicled over 200 Paleo-friendly recipes on her blog, conducts regular televised cooking demonstrations, builds customized corporate wellness programs, and works as a one-on-one Nutrition Consultant for individual clients. She has authored two recipe eBooks, Cassy Joy’s Fed+Fit Gameday Feast and Cassy Joy’s Fed+Fit Holiday Feast, and designed the Fed+Fit Challenge, a customizable holistic food and fitness lifestyle self study. She writes regular columns for Breaking Muscle.com and was recently chosen as one of the top healthy food blogs by Self Magazine. She also recently launched the Fed + Fit podcast. Cassy lives in San Antonio, TX with her loving, patient boyfriend and their fur-child, the big white Great Pyrenees, Gus. She loves college football, historical fiction, oversized costume jewelry, green tea, and her Fightin' Texas Aggies.