We are pleased to share this yummy Mexican-American recipe developed by one of our favorite real food brands, Siete Foods!
One Siete Grain-Free Tortilla per day is 21-Day Sugar Detox (21DSD) Friendly! Also 21DSD-friendly are their Chipotle, Habanero, and Jalapeno hot sauces, as well as their delicious dairy free Cashew Cheese Dip. Enjoy and please share your photos with us on Instagram! Tag: @21daysugardetox & @sietefoods!
CHIPOTLE SHRIMP TOSTADA WITH GREEN APPLE PICO
gluten-free • egg-free • dairy-free • sugar-free
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- ½ pound shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons Siete Chipotle Hot Sauce
- 1 Siete Cashew Flour Tortilla
- ½ avocado, mashed
- 1 Roma tomato, diced small
- ½ green apple, diced small
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- ½ serrano pepper, minced
- ½ cup jicama, thinly sliced
- Juice of 3 limes
- ½ cup green cabbage, thinly sliced
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a cast iron pan on medium-high heat.
- Add avocado oil to the pan, along with the shrimp and minced garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sauté for 5-10 minutes, until the shrimp are pink and cooked through.
- Remove from heat, then add 4 tablespoons of Siete Chipotle Hot Sauce. Add an additional 2-3 tablespoons of water, if necessary, to thin out the hot sauce and coat shrimp thoroughly. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake the Siete Cashew Flour Tortilla for 8-10 minutes, or until crispy and golden brown.
- Make the pico: Combine the tomato, green apple, cilantro, serrano pepper, jicama, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble the tostada: Carefully spread mashed avocado on the baked tortilla and lightly sprinkle with salt. Add the shrimp, apple pico, and top with thinly sliced cabbage.
- Serve immediately, and enjoy!