prep time: 15 minutes | cook time: 40 minutes | yield: 4 servings
gluten-free • dairy-free • nut-free • sugar-free
- 1 tablespoon cooking fat of choice
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced into rounds
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 tablespoons Italian Spice Blend
- 1 cup chopped frozen spinach
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup full-fat coconut, nut, or dairy milk
- 4 ounces grated hard cheese, such as Parmigiano-Reggiano or Pecorino Romano (optional)
Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
Place the cooking fat, onion, bell pepper, salt, and pepper in an ovenproof 12-inch skilled over medium heat and cook until the onion is translucent and beginning to brown on the edges, 3 to 4 minutes
Add the ground pork and spice blend to the skillet and cook for 5 to 8 minutes, until no pink remains, breaking the meat up with a spatula as it cooks. Add the spinach and cook for 3 to 5 minutes to warm through and break apart.
While the pork and spinach are cooking, in a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and coconut milk.
Pour the egg mixture into the skillet, over the pork and spinach. Top with the cheese (if using). Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the eggs are no longer runny, the frittata puffs up a bit, and the edges are golden brown
Omit the cheese.