These burgers are easy and full of flavor, perfect for your summer barbecues! Make a burger salad with all your favorite fixings, or use large lettuce leave or these Veggie Pancakes as buns. —Team 21DSD
Jalapeño Bacon Burgers
prep time: 15 minutes | cooking time: 8-12 minutes | yield: 4 burgers
gluten-free • dairy-free • egg-free • sugar-free
- 8 slices bacon, divided
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 1 pound ground beef, bison, or turkey
- 1 tablespoon Smoky Spice Blend
- Several slices red onion
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Cut 6 slices of the bacon into 1/8-inch square pieces. (The remaining 2 slices will be used for the topping.)
- Slice the jalapeño in half lengthwise, then remove the seeds and white membrane. If you like a lot of heat, you may leave the white part intact or even use the seeds. Finely chop the jalapeño.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground meat, bacon pieces, Smoky Spice Blend, and jalapeño. Form into 4 evenly sized patties, then place on the hot grill or grill pan. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes per side, depending on your desired level of doneness.
- While the burgers grill, cook the 2 reserved bacon slices in a small skillet over medium heat until browned.
- Serve with Veggie Pancakes as “buns” or wrapped in lettuce. Top with the red onion and cooked bacon slices.