We're so excited to share this popular recipe from The 21-Day Sugar Detox Cookbook!
These chicken strips are a fan favorite, and they're easy and fun to make!
gluten-free • egg-free • dairy-free • sugar-free
- 1 cup arrowroot flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 4 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk, canned or homemade
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1/12 to 2 pounds total), cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 21DSD friendly BBQ sauce, sweetener-free ketchup, or no-honey mustard sauce, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a wide, shallow bowl or dish, mix together the arrowroot flour, almond flour, pepper, granulated garlic, salt, and paprika. Combine the coconut milk and hot sauce in another wide, shallow bowl or dish.
- Pat each chicken strip dry with a paper towel. Dip each strip in the coconut milk mixture, shaking off the excess. Gently place the strip in the dry mixture and coat heavily. Place each coated chicken strip on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Using a pastry or sauce brush, gently pat the top of each strip with the melted coconut oil. Continue baking for another 15 to 20 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Serve with BBQ sauce, sweetener-free ketchup, or no-honey mustard sauce.