These quick and easy breakfast sausages are a reader favorite from The 21-Day Sugar Detox guidebook. Enjoy! -Diane and Team
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 10-12 minutes
- 1 pound ground pork, beef, chicken, or turkey
- 1/2 green apple, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons Italian Sausage Spice Blend
For the spice blend:
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds, ground
- 1 tablespoon ground sage
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper (or 1 teaspoon black pepper)
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
Combine all the spices in a bowl, and store them in a small container.
In a mixing bowl, combine the ground meat, apple, and Italian Sausage Spice Blend and mix with your hands until the spices and apples are evenly incorporated. Form the mixture in to 8 evenly sized patties.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. When hot, place the patties in the pan and cook for 5 to 6 minutes per side or until cooked through and browned.