Hey Folks! We're excited to introduce Carol G., a 21DSD alum. Carol's testimonial is part of a series featuring participants who rocked their 21DSDs! Enjoy! – Diane and Team
Level completed: 1
Favorite thing about the program: Feeling that inflammation in my body has decreased. I did lose weight but never weighed myself before–clothes are just fitting better and I can feel where fat has melted away.
Favorite 21DSD recipe: Carrot Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Awesome benefits I experienced:
- Sugar & carb cravings diminished or eliminated
- Change in palate/tastes
- Change in overall lifestyle choices for the better
- Improved skin health
- Weight loss
- Less inflammation
In my own words
I usually cook with whole, organic and good foods, but I know I ate more breads and sweets than I should in the past. I'm hoping the 21-Day Sugar Detox will stick with me and I will be much more conscious of eating those things that produce sugar and those that contain sugar going forward.
Pleased to say, I didn't cheat once. I even had to wash off some chicken tenders one night when I discovered my usual spice rub contained sugar.
It also became very obvious that I need to have veggies at every meal whenever possible (even at breakfast, which was odd at first, except when making omelets).
I did experience stronger hot flashes during the day throughout the 21 days. I haven't really been having daytime hot flashes very much before the detox, so I'm not sure why this happened.
I think you have to be determined to do the program and plan the best times to do it for your schedule. I only had two days which I missed out on enjoying foods and drinks with my friends. One was a bowling day with colleagues and the other was a wine tasting; I ate dinner beforehand and helped out with serving wine, making it easier not to do any tasting.
1. If you are not a cook (or creative in the kitchen) you will really need to plan ahead more than those of us who are cooks. It is definitely a different way of thinking.
2. If you crave the texture of breads, you will need to bake your own stuff. I am not a baker, so have had to carve out the time in my schedule to bake. I made the Carrot Pumpkin Spice Muffins and the Savory Biscuits.
3. If you like coconut, coconut butter in coffee is yummy. I just discovered it on day 18 😜.
4. Cauliflower rice is a new discovery for me–even my husband likes it. It's very versatile. If you “rice” a whole head, you don't need to cook it all at once. Keep it in the fridge and cook up as needed so you can change what you add to it over a number of days.
5. The apple crisp with almond meal is very satisfying as a dessert and tasted sweeter as time went along.